REGISTERING TO VOTE:
To register to vote by mail, download and complete the Voter Registration Application and return to the Office of the City Clerk, 14400 Dix-Toledo Highway, Southgate, MI 48195.
You may also appear in person at the above mentioned office or any Secretary of State facility to register to vote.
If interested in applying for the position of Election Inspector, download the application and return to the Office of the City Clerk, 14400 Dix-Toledo Highway, Southgate, MI 48195.
The current pay rates are; Chairperson - $140, Co-Chairperson $132, Inspector $120.
Training session is mandatory and compensation for said session is $15.
- To access Map click on hyperlink Precinct Map
- Determine residential location.
- Determine precinct number associated with said location.
- Find voting location at the bottom of the map.
- To apply for an absentee ballot by mail download and complete application for an absentee ballot and return to the Office of the City Clerk, 14400 Dix-Toledo Highway, Southgate, MI 48195.
- The deadline for applying fro an absentee ballot by mail is the Saturday prior to Election Day at 2 pm.
YOUR VOTE DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
If you are a citizen of the United States and 18 years of age, make sure you are registered to vote. www.michigan.gov/sos
Registration deadlines are 30 days before an election.
If you cannot go to the polls on election day you are eligible to obtain an absentee ballot if you:
- are 60 years of age or older
- are physically unable to attend the poll
- will be out of town on election day
- are assigned to work the polls as a precinct worker
- cannot attend the polls because of the tenants of your religion
- are in jail awaiting arraignment
If anyone of these apply to you, contact us for an application for an absentee ballot or write the Clerk a letter stating your name, address, what election you need a ballot for, and the reason. Make sure you sign your request. You must always request an absentee ballot in writing.
Contact the City Clerk’s Office at (734) 258-3015 to obtain public information.